APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2016-2017 CYCLE. LETTER OF INTENT DUE TODAY. Click here to Apply Now!
For technical assistance with the application website please contact Caroline Dickinson,firstname.lastname@example.org.
To establish new contacts to form your binational research team, consult our Binational Directory of Researchers.
Research Priority Areas
All research proposed should highlight the migratory context and impact on health of the issue or problem of interest. Research questions should be focused on the projected impact of results on public policies.
The following research areas will be given priority:
- Mental health, including domestic violence and violence from a public health perspective, alcohol and substance abuse, and its relation with culture;
- Chronic diseases, including nutrition related conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and obesity;
- Infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs);
- Women’s health, including reproductive care, breast and cervical cancer, and women’s rights;
- Occupational health, including farmworkers rights, injury prevention, respiratory illness, heat-related illness, and pesticide exposure;
- Access to health care, including best practices for health prevention and promotion; strategies for expanding health insurance; legal aspect of access to health care; and the use of medical technology to reduce health disparities and web-based health information technologies.*High value will be given to proposals concerning immigration and/or the healthcare reform.
- Health Economics under the current political environment